First of all, thank you for your interest in Martial Arts & Fitness, as it’s something that has immensely changed my life for the better and something that I thoroughly enjoy sharing with others. My passion in Martial Arts & Fitness has grown and shaped who I am over the better part of my adult life and I believe it is something that people all of ages can benefit from. If you want a more in-depth view into who I am, I suggest reading My Martial Arts Story.
-Jonathan James Puu
Raised in the beachside town of Ventura, Calfornia, I began my Muay Thai training as a 18-year-old with a clean slate and no previous martial arts experience. I immersed myself from the get-go. Within my first year of training, I traveled to Pattaya, Thailand to pursue my Muay Thai training and fight as well. After experiencing the difference in training and techniques while in Thailand, I returned back home to seek out a Thai trainer here in the states. Shortly thereafter, I was introduced to Kru Dej “Nokweed” Sri-Ampai, the owner and head trainer at Muay Thai School USA in North Hollywood. I relocated there to pursue my training. After a handful of fights, a few more trips to Thailand, and apprenticing Kru Nokweed & Dan Mayid as an instructor and fighter, I decided to return home to Ventura to share my passion for Muay Thai as a teacher for local martial arts academies in the Ventura County Area. I went on to open my own private gym, based on private lessons and semi-private group classes. I’m still actively competing while teaching my group and private classes. I seek to constantly improve myself and my students as martial artists and as people.
• 7+ years of experience in Muay Thai training
• 6+ years of experience teaching and training others
• International fight experience in Thailand and Mexico City
• Studied & Trained in Thailand at prestigious gyms, such as Sasiprapa, Sityodtong, Keatkhamtorn and Fairtex
• Competing on a National and International level in full contact Muay Thai & Kickboxing bouts
• Trained under Kru Dej “Nokweed” Sri-Ampai and Muay Thai School USA
• Specializing in teaching group classes, private, fitness and pro & amateur fighter training for people of all ages and sizes.
Last day at Sasiprapa Gym in Bangkok February 2014
Missing everyone but training out here in Thailand is going very well!